• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What can I do to get my husband out of the house?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kcsnapp

What is the name of your state? California
As of today, I'm going to be filing for a divorce. My husband is currently at the house & I am afraid to go home while he is there. I have 2 small children that are autistic & need to be home in their normal surroundings. Is there anything I can do right now to get him out of the house? If not, what can I do to get him out so I can go home?

CourtClerk

It's his house too and until a judge orders him out, he doesn't have to go (nor would I suggest) he go anywhere.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
YOU have two small children or dad and you have two small children? Why do you think DAD needs to leave?

mistoffolees

What is the name of your state? California
As of today, I'm going to be filing for a divorce. My husband is currently at the house & I am afraid to go home while he is there. I have 2 small children that are autistic & need to be home in their normal surroundings. Is there anything I can do right now to get him out of the house? If not, what can I do to get him out so I can go home?
There's a world of difference between 'want' him to leave and 'need' him to leave. Why are you afraid to go home? Are the children in any danger?

If you or the children are in any REAL danger, then you can go to court to get a restraining order against him. This will require more than your testimony. There needs to be evidence that he's a danger to you or the children.

Unless that's the case, the other posters are correct. It's his house as much as yours. And if they children are his, then he has as much right to be with them as you do.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">