• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

crazy8679

What is the name of your state? Nebraska

Will I get in trouble if I knowingly accept a 18 yr old into my house who has run away from foster parents who she was placed with after her adopted parents no longer wanted her?

outonbail

I should add, this does not mean that you will avoid trouble if she's almost 15, claiming to be 18.

Make sure you check ID's at the door!

Indiana Filer

What is the name of your state? Nebraska

Will I get in trouble if I knowingly accept a 18 yr old into my house who has run away from foster parents who she was placed with after her adopted parents no longer wanted her?
How old was she when she ran away? Was she still under the jurisdiction of the Court when she ran away? If she was under 18 when she ran away or if she was still under the jurisdiction of the Court, you could be charged.

CJane

How old was she when she ran away? Was she still under the jurisdiction of the Court when she ran away? If she was under 18 when she ran away or if she was still under the jurisdiction of the Court, you could be charged.
Especially if she JUST turned 18 and you were enticing her to cross state lines to join you before she turned 18.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">