• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Who owns the house?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tornadoehun

What is the name of your state? Texas

Is it TX law that the house is owned 50/50 or does one party just get half of the profits from selling the home?

Perky

What is the name of your state? Texas

Is it TX law that the house is owned 50/50 or does one party just get half of the profits from selling the home?
Was the house bought before the marriage, or during? Were premarital assets used to purchase the house? How long has the couple lived in the house?

tornadoehun

It was bought during the marriage. I'm not sureif premarital assets were sed to buy it. They lived in the house for 9 years.

LdiJ

It was bought during the marriage. I'm not sureif premarital assets were sed to buy it. They lived in the house for 9 years.
If it was purchased during the marriage its going to be treated as 50/50 in a divorce....unless it was purchased and maintained ENTIRELY with premarital or separate assets.

nextwife

Is this being asked for ESTATE puposes?

How is it titled? If bought with premarital assets, and seperately titled, the other spouse MIGHT only be entitled to half the INCREASE in equity that occurred during the marriage.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">