• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Citation 3yrs ago....Jury Trial Now!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Doc Mortgage

TEXAS-I was pulled over in Sept. 2005 for running a red light and I went to court in May 2006. The Judge didn't let me present evidence to refute the officers testimony..I appealed judgement and Now April 29, 2008 is the new court date. Is there any Statue of limitation on something like this....what are my options?

racer72

So you waited almost 2 years to obtain legal advice? There is no SOL. Present your evidence and hope for the best.

The Occultist

To expand on Racer's answer, Statute of Limitations refers to the time between when the crime occurred and when you were charged. You were charged the moment you got the ticket, so, as Racer pointed out, SoL does not apply to your situation.

heath_durbin

you aslo had a trial...

look at the bright side, the worse that happens, is nothing, the best, you get you money back and the point back.

lucky for you, You want to ask question that shows the officer could not remember what happened, if he can't remember... then there is doubt.

get the transcripts, what did he say the first time? what is he saying now? ask questons about what he said the first time.

HOPE THIS HELPS...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">