• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding Ticket in Iowa

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

iowapilot84

Hello All,
I received a ticket a little over a week ago from a State Trooper in Iowa. I had my cruise set at 64 and was pulled over by a cop who said I was going 66 in the 55 zone. I got a ticket for 66 in the 55. I didn't put up a fight about what my speedometer read and didn't admit guilt or disclose anything about me "going too fast" to the officer. I would like to know if you believe these options I've looked into are feasible. I haven't had a speeding ticket for over three years.

1. Request from the clerk of court that the ticket be downgraded from a moving violation to a non-moving violation (ie: 3rd offense parking ticket). I'd be willing to pay a higher fine for the offset in insurance premiums I'd likely pay.
2. Request from the clerk of court to have a deferred judgment in lieu of the violation hitting my record (with the assumption I'd need to remain ticket free within the county? state? for a certain period of time).

Are these feasible? Could a simple call to the clerk of court suffice in this situation or would I need to show up on my court date? Any advice is appreciated!

Thanks!

-Matt

heath_durbin

NOT SURE, but a speeding ticket like that is normally easy to win if you do just a tad bit of work.

I would be happy to E-mail you a word document on information on speeding tickets and how to beat radar tickets.

I don't have that document with me right now, however, the radar is not vialed if it is not certified by a third party. (instrument tech.)

All you have to do is put doubt on the accuracy of the radar gun. look up NCIT standers. Look up national bureau of wights and measures. It all has to be TRACEABLE.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">