• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NO WILL in Calif...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Darbnotlob

My wife's aunt recently died with no will. Her estate is anything but exciting. A few articles of clothes, 2000 bucks in the bank and a 2000 life insurance policy. My wife is in charge of the "estate". Is it necessary for the estate to enter probate with this small amount of assets.
She died here in California.. She has no brothers, no sisters, no parents, just 3 uncles throughout the U.S. The funds from her account where she was staying will be made out to her estate. Death and taxes... I know you can't beat one of them.. but there has to be some way to get around spending what little she had for attorneys and court rooms.....
Any ideas.... keeping in mind this is CALIFORNIA....
no water... no electricity...and a ton of hungry state officials for her money.
Thank you for any assistance..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">