• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

breech of contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Roy Whitaker

I reside in the state of Georgia and the state has gone to an open market for natural gas marketers. I purchased my home in August of 2000 and shopped around for the best deal for natural gas. I selected a company called Powertrust.com and they required me to sign a 2 year contract and they in turn locked me in at the rate of .4750 per therm. Powertrust.com has elected to not service the Georgia market anymore and has transferred my account to another gas marketer.

On the back of the bill under terms and conditions it specifically outlines Termination rights. It states "Buyer reserves the right to terminate agreement without penalty if Buyer relocates its residence or business outside of the respective Georgia service area. Seller may terminate this agreement in its entirety upon ninetyh days written notice if changes to the tariff, rules or regulations adversely effect Seller's ability to operate this program. This agreement cannot be assigned to any third party entity unless agreed by both parties. Reasonable consent shall not be withhelt." With this being stated I have not received any written notice from them. I have received a notice from Scana Energy the gas marketer that they switched me to but I never agreed to this third party entity.

I want to sue this company for breech of contract seeking damages in the amount of what I will now be forced to pay for my natural gas service and what I had agreed to pay. I want this to continue for the remaining time left on my contract which is not set to expire until September 2002.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">