• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto repair and Dealerships obligation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

Flasun01

I'm in Florida. I had a remanufactured engine installed in my 1981 van on 2/29/00 at the cost of over $3,800. There is a one year or 12,000 mile warranty on this engine. I have only put 2,100 miles on this engine. I have had to return to the dealer on 6 different occasions for problems involving the replacement engine. Several weeks ago, the van started running rough again, stalling out, hard starting and I could smell burnt oil. I took it to my regular mechanic, not the dealership who installed the engine, and my mechanic said I have a oil leak on the #2 cylinder and he reccommended an engine rebuild. He also stated this is a warranty issue and the dealership should take care of the matter. I immediately returned the van to the dealership, this being the 6th trip in for engine problems. I received a call 6 days later that the van was ready and the dealership stated it was just gas fouled plugs, no oil leak was found. The van is still running poorly, I am down a quart of oil and worst of all I have 23 days left on the warranty. I can smell oil burning off the engine when driving. I am going for a second opinion Fri.2/9 at another dealership however, I know there is an oil leak and major repairs are needed. I'm afraid the dealership is hoping to "string me along" until the warranty expires at the end of this month. Do I need to get a lawyer or is there a Fla. agency which can help me resolve this matter without taking legal action? Thank you so very much for your time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">