• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Illegal use of the HOV Lane

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tcpeters3

What is the name of your state? Hawaii

I was caught driving in the HOV lane illegally. What do I need to do? I was given a ticket that requires a court appearance.

vr,
TP

The Occultist

You need to show up to court at your scheduled date/time and beg for mercy. I know of no law that excuses idiocy, but perhaps your pleas will fall on sympathetic ears, especially if you have an otherwise clean driving record (make sure to bring that to court with you).

Hey There

Information is just a click away.

5-1-08
tcpeters3

As in all court appearances it is important to do so within the time limits. The traffic ticket should have the date required to appear by.
For information on court rules a phamphlet or the internet should provide the information on the court where your appearance is mandatory. Ideally a driver should attend court as a SPECTATOR to observe how the court is conducted.
Rule of Court :Hawaii Civil Traffic Rule 19 via Google
gives complete rules.

To find out more on points, a drivers' rights etc. Google
1. Hawaii points on driver's licence for civil infractions
2. Click on a site (6th on down)
Traffic Ticket Points Lawyers & Attorneys Handling Traffic...
Civil Traffic Infractions and other links are available through this site.

Keep Us Posted,
Best Regards,
Hey There

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">