• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce Pending - Wife Bigamist

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

KOOL_GUY

Michigan.

I am going thru a nasty divorce and have 2.5 years old baby. My ex was married twice before and I was only aware of one marriage. Last year I came to know that she married first guy, who was her cousin for the sake of legalizing her presense and second guy she married and left him without a divorce. I sent interrogatories thru my attorney questioning her previous marriages and she lied under oath. My attorney stopped working on the case because my wife bought him thru her lawyer. I got another attorney and he had her deposition taken in his office and she accepted that she did not divorce the second guy. If the divorce goes for final hearing and I present the facts, will she get punished for her previous marriage and can judge refer her passport to INS for immigration fraud? I lost more than 100K and have piled up credit card debts. I sold my house / business cheap so that she can stay close to her family and after I moved her parents try to control me and want me to work in their store. I am just here for my daughter and have no income because its a small town and there is no scope for my line of job/business. She made good money after she moved and bought another store. Can I get compensated for loss of income?

LdiJ

Michigan.

I am going thru a nasty divorce and have 2.5 years old baby. My ex was married twice before and I was only aware of one marriage. Last year I came to know that she married first guy, who was her cousin for the sake of legalizing her presense and second guy she married and left him without a divorce. I sent interrogatories thru my attorney questioning her previous marriages and she lied under oath. My attorney stopped working on the case because my wife bought him thru her lawyer. I got another attorney and he had her deposition taken in his office and she accepted that she did not divorce the second guy. If the divorce goes for final hearing and I present the facts, will she get punished for her previous marriage and can judge refer her passport to INS for immigration fraud? I lost more than 100K and have piled up credit card debts. I sold my house / business cheap so that she can stay close to her family and after I moved her parents try to control me and want me to work in their store. I am just here for my daughter and have no income because its a small town and there is no scope for my line of job/business. She made good money after she moved and bought another store. Can I get compensated for loss of income?
She won't get punished for her previous marriage, because it was legal. She might get punished for your marriage if a DA chooses to prosecute.

Your divorce won't impact her immigration status because your marriage didn't have anything to do with getting her a green card.

The overall situation might net you a better property settlement than normal, because she married you fraudulently.

However, please remember that she is your child's mother, and any trouble you cause for her, will also impact your child. If you can let go of the hatred, your child's life will be happier.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">