• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

seperation/deceased partner

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hhicks24

seperated/decaesed

my soon to be fiance who was still legally married past away. He's still legal wife is trying to gain acess to our home, can she do that?

Silverplum

my soon to be fiance who was still legally married past away. He's still legal wife is trying to gain acess to our home, can she do that?
I'm sorry for your loss, but you can't have a married fiance. Your post shows but one of many reasons why that is so.

How is the home owned? Rented? Name/s on lease/mortgage?

More details are needed.

hhicks24

sererated/deceased

My fiance who was still legally married pasted away last month. Now his still leagal wife is trying to gain acess into our home, where at one time they did share together! Does she have any legal rights to gain acess into our home? NC

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You are really confused.
You can't have a fiance (soon-to-be or otherwise) who has passed away.

Are you on the rental agreement?

mistoffolees

The home which we lived in was owned by his family. We were simiply renting. NC
Then the family owns the home and you have no ownership rights. If your name is on the lease, they'll have to honor the remainder of the lease term. If your name is not on the lease, you'd better start looking for a place to stay.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">