• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

divorce/marriage records in VA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chrisclark

What is the name of your state? Virginia

is it possible to obtain marriage/divorce records in the State of Virginia if one does not know the exact dates of supposed previous marriages/divorces?

Silverplum

What is the name of your state? Virginia

is it possible to obtain marriage/divorce records in the State of Virginia if one does not know the exact dates of supposed previous marriages/divorces?
I don't know.
How about if you call THEM and ask?
No VA attorneys follow these boards.

LdiJ

I don't know.
How about if you call THEM and ask?
No VA attorneys follow these boards.
That's one downside to the internet. People have forgotten that there are other ways to get answers....sometimes BETTER ways.

SilverPlum wrote:

I don't know, How bout you call THEM and ask, No VA attorneys follow these boards!

SilverPlum also wrote in a previous post:

"You can't be bothered to look it up? And yet presume to give advice?? Puh-leeeeze."

Sorry Chris don't take it personally....this is a pretty straightforward question and it should be an easy one for any "Senior" member familiar with a court house or a clerks office to at least point you in the right direction....hopefully one of them will help you

Silverplum

SilverPlum wrote:

I don't know, How bout you call THEM and ask, No VA attorneys follow these boards!

SilverPlum also wrote in a previous post:

"You can't be bothered to look it up? And yet presume to give advice?? Puh-leeeeze."

Sorry Chris don't take it personally....this is a pretty straightforward question and it should be an easy one for any "Senior" member familiar with a court house or a clerks office to at least point you in the right direction....hopefully one of them will help you
Cute, but I didn't *pretend* I knew the answer and then give misleading/incorrect info like you did.

And it's up to ME whether or not I choose to look up answers for posters. Why don't YOU do it, if you're so sadly offended by my answer? Hmmm? Go for it.

You have a loooong road ahead of you if you plan to play footsie with me. ;)

Chris

Division of Vital Records
P.O. Box 1000
Richmond, VA 23218-1000

Remarks: Records since January 1918.

Wow...that was tough...1,510,000 results .19 seconds

Silverplum

Chris

P.O. Box 1000
Richmond, VA 23218-1000

Good.
Now you can be our VA law guy.

And what about his REAL question? CAN he find marriages and divorce records without knowing the exact dates??

And are you aware that states are pulling those records from public view nowadays? And do you know the reasoning for that?

fairisfair

Chris

P.O. Box 1000
Richmond, VA 23218-1000

what the he11??? you just told her to write to them, what is the difference???? only that WRITING IS SLOWER THAN CALLING.

By the way, we are here to answer legal questions, not to provide directory assistance.:rolleyes:

Silverplum

Wow...read them too...now I think I understand a little more about what you guys are going through...you have my sympathy...feel free to vent anytime you like. Have a nice weekend!

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">