• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

State Court Probate Tax

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JJofCA

What is the name of your state? California

Hello all. I am trying to find out what percentage the courts charge for probate estates for each indevidual state. I have tried looking around myself but to no avail. Can anybody help me out? :confused:

tecate

For California, you can look at any county court website for an idea of filing fees.

For other states, you might look at an individual county, or expand your search to try to find an attorney who has written an article about the nuts and bolts of probate.

I don't understand why this is important. Do you mean state inheritance taxes instead?

Last edited:

JJofCA

For California, you can look at any county court website for an idea of filing fees.

For other states, you might look at an individual county, or expand your search to try to find an attorney who has written an article about the nuts and bolts of probate.

I don't understand why this is important. Do you mean state inheritance taxes instead?
It is definatly not state inheritance taxes. I am trying to look for this information for my friend, and now she tells me I need to look for how much it costs to proceed with a probate in court.

tecate

That might be a different question, if what your friend is asking includes attorneys fees and executors commissions. Google to find an article for each state. (My guess is this will be time consuming if she wants this information for all 50 states. You might get lucky though and find someone who has already done the work.)

cp1957

That might be a different question, if what your friend is asking includes attorneys fees and executors commissions. Google to find an article for each state. (My guess is this will be time consuming if she wants this information for all 50 states. You might get lucky though and find someone who has already done the work.)
Depending on the Estates assets it could be four percent. Do you have a attoney? Would be alot more accurate and probate its best to get an attorney in California. Probate is a very long process in California. It can last for ever! Very very slow.

JJofCA

Thank you for you help and suggestions. Ill see what I can find. It's going to take awhile though.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">