• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Moving before divorce is final

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Gettnout

What is the name of your state? Massachusetts

What are you experiences with moving before the divorce is finalized?

Gettnout

No kids, only asset is the car we own together, we rent, don't own.

My question is more if most issues can be dealt with by email, fax etc. Flying back and forth for a possible court hearing is no problem.

mistoffolees

No kids, only asset is the car we own together, we rent, don't own.

My question is more if most issues can be dealt with by email, fax etc. Flying back and forth for a possible court hearing is no problem.
Yes, you can do that. Just make sure that you deal with the rent - because if your name is on the lease, you're still going to be liable for any unpaid amounts.

Gettnout

Yes I make sure that is taken care of. I will have the landlord take my name off the lease (we're on a month-to-month basis now) and give my ex about 4 weeks to find a new place bc he can't afford the apartment on his own.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">