• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Husband hiding money abroad

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sstocke

North Carolina
My dad has been handling their financials (his and my mom's) for several years. He moves it around quite frequently, including to accounts in Germany. His record-keeping is a mess, and he won't share what money is kept where with my mom. I am concerned that if she should want a divorce she wouldn't get everything entitled to her because of his actions. How can she protect herself?

LdiJ

North Carolina
My dad has been handling their financials (his and my mom's) for several years. He moves it around quite frequently, including to accounts in Germany. His record-keeping is a mess, and he won't share what money is kept where with my mom. I am concerned that if she should want a divorce she wouldn't get everything entitled to her because of his actions. How can she protect herself?
You certainly don't want to be sharing that argument with your father, because that will just make him more secretive.

However, you might want to consider pointing out to him the most obvious problem....and that is if something happens to him how is anyone going to know where the money is?

sstocke:

I also might add that hiding money anywhere is getting harder and harder to do.
Good fraud examiners, tax guys and CPA's just love to nail sneaks. Judges don't think much of them either! If it ever comes to that...I'm sure you can find someone to help.

Bali Hai

sstocke:

I also might add that hiding money anywhere is getting harder and harder to do.
Good fraud examiners, tax guys and CPA's just love to nail sneaks. Judges don't think much of them either! If it ever comes to that...I'm sure you can find someone to help.

Yeap, just ask the guy who has been in jail for over ten years because the judges "think" he has money hidden!! The reason these people you refer to can't find the money is because THERE IS NONE!!

I think we had a revolution over two hundred years ago to be rid of this bullsh!t!!

mistoffolees

Yeap, just ask the guy who has been in jail for over ten years because the judges "think" he has money hidden!! The reason these people you refer to can't find the money is because THERE IS NONE!!

I think we had a revolution over two hundred years ago to be rid of this bullsh!t!!
Of course, you forgot to include the facts. There was evidence that the money was there. The guy claimed that his investment went to zero - and cost him several million dollars. Yet he refused to provide any evidence to back up that claim. He's in jail for contempt.

Bali Hai

Of course, you forgot to include the facts. There was evidence that the money was there. The guy claimed that his investment went to zero - and cost him several million dollars. Yet he refused to provide any evidence to back up that claim. He's in jail for contempt.
He isn't in jail for contempt, he's in jail because the judges don't believe the evidence he presented them!! Judges with clearly TOO MUCH POWER!!

Furthermore, it's up to the "people" to present evidence to the court AND convince a JURY of his peers before ANYONE takes freedom from ANYONE!!

mistoffolees

He isn't in jail for contempt, he's in jail because the judges don't believe the evidence he presented them!! Judges with clearly TOO MUCH POWER!!

Furthermore, it's up to the "people" to present evidence to the court AND convince a JURY of his peers before ANYONE takes freedom from ANYONE!!
In this case, the 'people' presented evidence that he had several million dollars. He refused (or was unable) to provide any defense. The people won.

Bali Hai

In this case, the 'people' presented evidence that he had several million dollars. He refused (or was unable) to provide any defense. The people won.
He explained how the money was lost and there is no evidence that there IS ANY MONEY!!

Are you suggesting that ALL of these professional "Good fraud examiners, tax guys and CPA's that just love to nail sneaks", who worked on this case", can't find MILLIONS of dollars purportedly "hidden" by one guy???

The people didn't win, the pro-wife, manhating judges and women libbers won!!

When people wise up to what the hell is going on in these courts, the clock may just roll back a couple of hundred years and we'll start over again!!

mistoffolees

He explained how the money was lost and there is no evidence that there IS ANY MONEY!!

Are you suggesting that ALL of these professional "Good fraud examiners, tax guys and CPA's that just love to nail sneaks", who worked on this case", can't find MILLIONS of dollars purportedly "hidden" by one guy???
Are you suggesting that he can't provide a simple account statement showing that his account lost the value? That's all he'd have to do to get out of jail. If he lost the account statement, he could call the investment firm and get a copy.

It's a heck of a lot easier for him to prove the losses (if they really existed) than for the wife to find a couple million dollars of hidden assets.

Bali Hai

Are you suggesting that he can't provide a simple account statement showing that his account lost the value? That's all he'd have to do to get out of jail. If he lost the account statement, he could call the investment firm and get a copy.

It's a heck of a lot easier for him to prove the losses (if they really existed) than for the wife to find a couple million dollars of hidden assets.
It's one thing to PROVE that this man is with-holding evidence leading to discovery. But these jackass judges simply don't believe what he told them as to what happened to the money. As I recall it was a bad investment thought to have been operated by scammers.

These judges have the system ASS-BACKWARDS!! It's up to THEM to prove his guilt and not the other f*****g way around!!

Think about yourself sitting in jail, innocent, no way of proving your innocence and the jackass judge who put you there CAN'T prove your guilt!! What the hell is next, torture???

But I'm sure you would be ok with that since it would be for a good cause; i.e. ringing every nickel out of your ass possible to make sure wifey doesn't have to work and support herself for the rest of her life!!

LdiJ

It's one thing to PROVE that this man is with-holding evidence leading to discovery. But these jackass judges simply don't believe what he told them as to what happened to the money. As I recall it was a bad investment thought to have been operated by scammers.

These judges have the system ASS-BACKWARDS!! It's up to THEM to prove his guilt and not the other f*****g way around!!

Think about yourself sitting in jail, innocent, no way of proving your innocence and the jackass judge who put you there CAN'T prove your guilt!! What the hell is next, torture???

But I'm sure you would be ok with that since it would be for a good cause; i.e. ringing every nickel out of your ass possible to make sure wifey doesn't have to work and support herself for the rest of her life!!
Bali, don't make this guy out as all innocent. He couldn't/wouldn't tell them where the money went in the first place, let alone provide any documentation of losses. Remember, you are not the only one here who read the case.

fairisfair

Bali, as much as I hate to disagree with you, I hate to agree with ldij more. ROTFLMAO

She is right, this is a poor example for you to use to prove your case of the courts injustices with regard to alimony.

and we have all beaten that case to death.

Bali Hai

Bali, don't make this guy out as all innocent. He couldn't/wouldn't tell them where the money went in the first place, let alone provide any documentation of losses. Remember, you are not the only one here who read the case.
The man is INNOCENT until PROVEN GUILTY!!! It is people like you that are the reason that over 50% of the prison inmates are sitting there innocent!! Yes innocent!!! And modern technology is freeing alot of them.

Do they get an appology from the state procecutors??? Hell no, the procecutors say they are STILL guilty when the evidence just doesn't support that!! Does anyone care about this??? HELL NO!! Not until it happens to them of course!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">