• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Selling house after divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pghobbsx

What is the name of your state? Oregon
Can I be forced to sell my house at a greatly reduced rate to sell it quickly because my wife is in need of money?
I want to ask market value to get the most out of our investment.

LdiJ

Can I be forced to sell my house at a greatly reduced rate to sell it quickly because my wife is in need of money?
It is possible for a judge to order you to price the house at today's fair market value....which may not be what you consider to be market value. If the house has been on the market for a long time, that would indicate that its not priced at today's market value.

Here is an option: Refinance and buy your wife out, and then you can wait as long as you want to sell the house.

Bali Hai

Get the property appraised using a professional appraisal agency (not a real estate or bank) and then don't sell for a dime less than the appraisal. If your wife is in need of money she can EARN it!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">