• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Discovery Request Granted, Notes illegible

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

vc4re

What is the name of your state? California

There's probably not much I can do, but I sent in a discovery request for my 21950(a) violation and got back literally chicken scratch. I can make out a few words but not enough to know some of the details he was referring to. I need help so I can know what he will say in trial. Is there anything I can do about this or does anyone here have enough experience dealing with officer's notes that they can help me decode the writing. Maybe I'm not getting some of the words because officer's have some universal code for certain things. I can scan and post the notes here. Thanks in advance.

CdwJava

All you can do is ask for others' advice as to what the notes say ... the officer is under no legal obligation to provide you with a translation.

- Carl

vc4re

Is it all right if i sent a scanned copy to you, carl, in order to help me decipher the notes? he has some things initialed and i dont know much about common annotations officers use

CdwJava

Is it all right if i sent a scanned copy to you, carl, in order to help me decipher the notes? he has some things initialed and i dont know much about common annotations officers use
I can try. Give it a go.

- Carl

Hey There

5-4-08
vc4re

1.What items did you request in the Discovery ?
2.Was the only item you received the unreadable notes?
3.Hopefully Carl can help with decipheering the officer's notes.:)
The purpose of Discovery is to provide the defendant with evidence the officer will use against him at trial. If the Discovery received is unreadable to the defendant, then what the defendant has is no more knowledge of the evidence the officer will use against him at trial than before.
4.Help! I Got A Ticket! through the e:mail on that site may have
an answer for what can be done.

Good Luck On This,
Hey There

vc4re

ok thanks carl, and hey there as well...theres just one problem...can anyone tell me how to attach onto this thread my scanned copy of the notes from my computer! thanks!

vc4re

oh, so there is no way to put it on as an attachmnet?...if this is the case, can I get your e-mail carl? I can send it to you through that! I think I translated most of it, but theres one key abbreviation or word or whatever that I cannot figure out! thanks for your help, I am now in the stages of preparing for fighting my ticket so this information would be very helpful!

Zmuzic

What format is the file? Can you save the notes as a .jpg or something and then host it up on photobucket.com then link it from a post here?

vc4re

good idea i wouldnt know how to get it from photobucket to here...anyway carl took a look at it and i think translated it very well...but now i think im sunk in regards to my case

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">