• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Picking up stuff

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

amarita77

What is the name of your state? OH

I am living in the marital residence by court order. Husband isn't allowed in the home without my permission. Because he built himself a new home (barn) to live in, I've asked him to come get his stuff from the home. He is supposed to get it tomorrow. I've put his stuff in our garage so he won't have to come in the home. I know that he is going to try to start a fight while he's here. Of course, my best and probably safest course of action would be to just stay inside the house while he's here. However, I'm afraid he will do damage to his property just so he can try to get me in trouble. Am I allowed to video tape him moving the items? If I am video taping and he asks me to stop, am I obligated to stop? Can I just stick the video camera in the window and let it record?

mistoffolees

What is the name of your state? OH

I am living in the marital residence by court order. Husband isn't allowed in the home without my permission. Because he built himself a new home (barn) to live in, I've asked him to come get his stuff from the home. He is supposed to get it tomorrow. I've put his stuff in our garage so he won't have to come in the home. I know that he is going to try to start a fight while he's here. Of course, my best and probably safest course of action would be to just stay inside the house while he's here. However, I'm afraid he will do damage to his property just so he can try to get me in trouble. Am I allowed to video tape him moving the items? If I am video taping and he asks me to stop, am I obligated to stop? Can I just stick the video camera in the window and let it record?
I would certainly suggest that you have someone else in the house with you. Also, if you are seriously concerned about your safety, contact your local police to see if they can have an officer stop by while he's there.

I don't know about the legality of videotaping in OH - it varies from state to state. You might google the laws in your state - or Ohiogal may respond.

LdiJ

I would certainly suggest that you have someone else in the house with you. Also, if you are seriously concerned about your safety, contact your local police to see if they can have an officer stop by while he's there.

I don't know about the legality of videotaping in OH - it varies from state to state. You might google the laws in your state - or Ohiogal may respond.
I would agree that you need to have someone else present....and maybe it should be the police if you are seriously concerned.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">