• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Summer vaca -- ex was supposed to give me his 2 weeks with boys by 4/1

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lucy067

Massachusetts -- My ex husband is in violation of his divorce agreement court order -- he was supposed to give me the 2 consecutive weeks that he would take his children -- this would be the 3rd summer of doing this since the revised divorce agreement of the Court. He is not committing because he decided to leave a stable job and his rationale is that he can not commit to the weeks he will take them because it would hurt him with a prospective employer. Boys are used to him taking them for the 2 weeks (has done it for 2 summers) and he is not returning emails, phone calls -- I just printed out the email dated in March and hand-delivered it to him today to confirm receipt in case he said he never received it. Right now, he has not had a full time job in about 10 months --- he left voluntarily and is living off unemployment, a part time job and the equity money that I got him from the sale of our house when we were married (sold the house in 2002).

I am thinking about taking him back to court myself and representing myself --- I pay his health insurance, he also gets 1 child deduction. Want to change that --don't feel that he deserves the tax deduction -- any thoughts on how I can handle the summer vacation issue with my ex? I need to plan for the boys because I work full time. thanks for any advice!:)What is the name of your state?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">