• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Denied Pension

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jjjeanie51

What is the name of your state? California I have been divorced since 1982. In my marraige dissolution it was court ordered that I receive 1/13th of my ex's retirement. He is now retiring from Teamsters and they have said they are denying my portion of his retirment. What should I do?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state? California I have been divorced since 1982. In my marraige dissolution it was court ordered that I receive 1/13th of my ex's retirement. He is now retiring from Teamsters and they have said they are denying my portion of his retirment. What should I do?
That doesn't mean that the order is not enforceable. It just means that you may have to collect it directly from your ex rather than from the teamsters.

Get yourself a consult with a local attorney, even if you don't end up hiring one.

nextwife

Did your attorney FILE anything when you divorced? Have you checked with that attorney or firm? Might YOU be not yet eligible? How old are you?

nextwife

Did your attorney FILE anything when you divorced? Have you checked with that attorney or firm? If your portion was isolated, you would not be entitled t6o any share of HIS portion.

Might YOU be not yet eligible? How old are you?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">