• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

info needed Please!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hairless25

What is the name of your state? North Carolina.

My husbands ex-wife has the kids. (17 & 14) My question is we have proof that she is giving parties and serving the kids with drugs. I not sure what to do.

Isis1

if you seriously think the children are being given drugs and acohol, call Child Protective Services. how do you prove that mom is the one giving it to them? a child can have access to drugs without either parent giving it to them.

Silverplum

What is the name of your state? North Carolina.

My husbands ex-wife has the kids. (17 & 14) My question is we have proof that she is giving parties and serving the kids with drugs. I not sure what to do.
You don't have to do a thing. The father of the children should take his proof to the child protective service agency in NC.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You don't have to do a thing. The father of the children should take his proof to the child protective service agency in NC.
While I agree with the underlying reason for posting this, I respectfully disagree with the overall statement. OP has, at a minimum, a moral obligation to report this to CPS.

Silverplum

While I agree with the underlying reason for posting this, I respectfully disagree with the overall statement. OP has, at a minimum, a moral obligation to report this to CPS.
I'd agree -- IF she wasn't MARRIED to the child's FATHER, and I did tell her to have DAD call CPS.

In fact, the CPS call will go much more smoothly if Dad calls, because he is their parent and will have all the pertinent info available to him.

hairless25

Yes, the mother is giving them the drugs. They posted them on my space and i downloaded the pics. They live in W.Virginia. We have not hear anything from them for about 9 years because they moved from one state to another every month. Every-time, we try to contact the number that we had it was disconnected. My husband, the father was married to the mother. We tried for years to contact them, but they moved so much, we could not keep up with her. Being that they don't live here in my state what could he do. These pics that I downloaded are very upsetting to us both. Words cant explain how we feel after seeing those pics. Ex. the 14 year old boy is holding a shoot glass and it is going into his mouth. The girl (17) smoking a left hand cigarette. One pic show the mother trying to hold up the boy. Trust me the father is lost and hurt...

VeronicaLodge

why is it always the wife/girlfriend or husband/boyfriend of the person who is the parent that posts? why doesn't the actual parent ever try to find out legal information regarding their own children?

Silverplum

Yes, the mother is giving them the drugs. They posted them on my space and i downloaded the pics. They live in W.Virginia. We have not hear anything from them for about 9 years because they moved from one state to another every month. Every-time, we try to contact the number that we had it was disconnected. My husband, the father was married to the mother. We tried for years to contact them, but they moved so much, we could not keep up with her. Being that they don't live here in my state what could he do. These pics that I downloaded are very upsetting to us both. Words cant explain how we feel after seeing those pics. Ex. the 14 year old boy is holding a shoot glass and it is going into his mouth. The girl (17) smoking a left hand cigarette. One pic show the mother trying to hold up the boy. Trust me the father is lost and hurt...
Due to the fact that he is a completely uninvolved parent, he's got very little ground upon which to stand.

LdiJ

Due to the fact that he is a completely uninvolved parent, he's got very little ground upon which to stand.
However he can still call CPS, which may get the kids some help, assuming that the pictures weren't "staged".

Its a little hard to believe that anyone would be stupid enough to post those kinds of pictures online...but there are a lot of stupid people in this world.

Silverplum

However he can still call CPS, which may get the kids some help, assuming that the pictures weren't "staged".
Indeed, he can and should call CPS. I advised the poster to have him do so, twice. Now thrice. ;)
LdiJ said:
Its a little hard to believe that anyone would be stupid enough to post those kinds of pictures online...but there are a lot of stupid people in this world.
An amazing quantity of stupids. It's scary! :eek:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">