• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

AM I BEING UNFAIR HERE....Please help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Allthingslegal

I am in Pennsylvania...

My Grandparents both passed away since January, my grandmother in Feb., and then my grandfather in April....These were my mothers parents...(My mother died in 1991)...They did have wills and named my Aunt as executor, In the will it stated that the assets should be totaled up and distributed %50 to my aunt and the remaining %50 should be split 4 ways between me my sister and my aunts two children, the part about the grandchildren being heirs was added around 91 after my mother died because my grandmother thought that it would be fair...now just knowing the type of money hungry person my aunt is I have been doing my own research and keeping an eye on her to make sure she does her job and follows the wills requirements...already she has tried to reason her way into just giving her son my grandparents car for free...I objected to this because it does not seem like that is what my grandparents had requested would happen...My aunt and her husband seem to think I'm being unfair or mean by asking that she just be fair about the whole thing...Am I wrong? does she have the right to make a decision like this???? She already convinced my grandfather to leave all life insurance and Pension benefits to her after my grandmother passed, and her kids are already benefiting because my mother died, It justs seems greedy for her to also expect that her son is more deserving of a free car than my sister or myself on top of that....I also could benefit from this car but didn't even consider asking for it for free because i know my grandmother would have viewed it as "unfair to the others"...I even considered contesting the part of the will that allows her children to benefit from the fact that my mother has died, but left that alone because I didn't want to cause trouble...

Anyone else out there ever have a similar situation that may help me bring some peace to my mind and hopefully hers as well...

seniorjudge

Q: Am I wrong? does she have the right to make a decision like this?

A: No and no.

You are wise not to contest the will since it was made about 17 years ago.

In any event, bad aunt needs a close eye kept on her; you may want to talk to a lawyer.

Allthingslegal

^^Thanks for the response, I have definitely thought about going to a lawyer, but I don't really feel like giving him/her a percentage either...what are typical fees for a lawyers services in regards to a situation like this and what exactly would I be hoping to get from him/her?

What types of things could she possibly do?

Even if she went to a lawyer and said she wanted to give the car to her son for free, wouldn't the probate officer or her lawyer tell her she can't at this point...I mean once the will has been entered into probate its the law, no?????

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">