• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

temp. orders do i have to sign

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the name of your state? tx

my ex is saying that his lawyer is going to file a set of temp. orders, he sign his set and sent them to my lawyer, but they were not what we agreed on so i have not signed them, he said his lawyer was going to go ahead and file them. can they do that? if i am served do i have to sign for them?

penelope10

What is the name of your state? tx

my ex is saying that his lawyer is going to file a set of temp. orders, he sign his set and sent them to my lawyer, but they were not what we agreed on so i have not signed them, he said his lawyer was going to go ahead and file them. can they do that? if i am served do i have to sign for them?
I would NOT sign them if they are not what was agreed upon.What has your attorney said about this?

mistoffolees

I would NOT sign them if they are not what was agreed upon.What has your attorney said about this?
He probably needs to go further than that. His attorney needs to send the other attorney a letter stating that the documents were not what was agreed to. He will probably have to object in court, as well.

penelope10

He probably needs to go further than that. His attorney needs to send the other attorney a letter stating that the documents were not what was agreed to. He will probably have to object in court, as well.
LOL! What her attorney does goes without saying---hence my question what has yor attorney said about this...:)

him, his lawyer, and mine agreed that he would start paying child support and our mortgage during the process, i would pay one loan againist my car and our utlities at our house where the kids and i are staying and he would depostit no less than 500. a week, and i would give him 200. back for his living expenses. well they sent this order that he would deposit his check i would pay all of our bills, his truck, min. on his credit cards, and the loan againist my car which we took out to pay off his credit cards. and then just some basic stuff about our kids. so my lawyer said that we would not sign and i guess he is sending a revised copy to his lawyer. my ex thinks i am dragging it out because i think i am going get something out of it. i filed first on march 11, then we gave my ex an extension, because he didn't have a lawyer or money, so we went to court on april 8th, and it took 2 weeks for his lawyer to get the paper work to my lawyer. he thinks it should be final may 12th because it has been 60 days, but we have not even started talking about the final yet. is that normal? i have know people to take up to a year on divorces and that is when there is nothing to agrue about.

penelope10

him, his lawyer, and mine agreed that he would start paying child support and our mortgage during the process, i would pay one loan againist my car and our utlities at our house where the kids and i are staying and he would depostit no less than 500. a week, and i would give him 200. back for his living expenses. well they sent this order that he would deposit his check i would pay all of our bills, his truck, min. on his credit cards, and the loan againist my car which we took out to pay off his credit cards. and then just some basic stuff about our kids. so my lawyer said that we would not sign and i guess he is sending a revised copy to his lawyer. my ex thinks i am dragging it out because i think i am going get something out of it. i filed first on march 11, then we gave my ex an extension, because he didn't have a lawyer or money, so we went to court on april 8th, and it took 2 weeks for his lawyer to get the paper work to my lawyer. he thinks it should be final may 12th because it has been 60 days, but we have not even started talking about the final yet. is that normal? i have know people to take up to a year on divorces and that is when there is nothing to agrue about.
Well he talked to his attorney and probably the attorney advised him that depositing $500.00 into the account and then withdrawing $200.00 was not a good idea. I'm sure STBX wanted to this because tax wise it would make it look like he's paying out more in CS than he really is. That constitutes FRAUD and any decent attorney will advice a client not to commit FRAUD. Also his attorney probably isn't too keen about his client depositing at least $500.00 into an account and then trusting that his STBX will pay the bills as agreed. (Not saying that you won't do it, but by experience his attorney will have seen a lot of these agreement crash and burn.) It's not in his/her clients best interest to have things set up this way. And in reality probably not in YOURS either.

His attorney should represent what is in his client's best interests. It is YOUR attorney's job to represent YOUR best interest. In some states an UNCONTESTED divorce can take only 60 days. If the Divorce is CONTESTED (in other words the parties cannot come to an agreement)the process takes longer.

Last edited:
thank you, no i don't like the way it is set up, it was what we were doing before we got lawyers and filed for divorce and he liked it set up that way, and was telling me we would see what would happen between us and if we couldn't live without each other he would come back. i don't thinks so he started sleeping with his step-cousin the same week. i am barely making with his check and mine, there is no way i can pay for everything and give him 200. a week i was having to use saving just to start that process. i would love to just let him take care of all the bills, he and his new girlfriend are putting there living expenses on the credit cards, there in his name, but he got them while we were married, when we paid them off i sent in a letter saying i was no longer responsible, but that doesn't do anything, they could still come after me for the bills.

penelope10

thank you, no i don't like the way it is set up, it was what we were doing before we got lawyers and filed for divorce and he liked it set up that way, and was telling me we would see what would happen between us and if we couldn't live without each other he would come back. i don't thinks so he started sleeping with his step-cousin the same week. i am barely making with his check and mine, there is no way i can pay for everything and give him 200. a week i was having to use saving just to start that process. i would love to just let him take care of all the bills, he and his new girlfriend are putting there living expenses on the credit cards, there in his name, but he got them while we were married, when we paid them off i sent in a letter saying i was no longer responsible, but that doesn't do anything, they could still come after me for the bills.
You're welcome and just remember even the best of STBX's are going to want a decree that is of the best benefit to them.(Why shouldn't they?) It's your attorney's job, and most importantly YOUR job, to protect Your interests. Don't let the STBX pressure you into doing anything else. I'm sure he'd love to get this over with ASAP since he has his knickers in a knot over the new woman.;)

Last edited:
thank you, i just want our kids and self to be taken care of like he promised, we can make it on our own, but he made a promise to our family first and that needs to be settled first, just cause his stick is happy doesn't mean his obligation are over. but thank you, all of you, i love this site.

Last edited:
well, i guess his lawyer,mine and him had a phone conference about the temp orders, i told my lawyer i didn't want his girlfriend driving my kids around, well he put that they can't be in the car with her or something like that. i love my lawyer but i don't always find out what he is doing before he does it, i just know he will take care of it for my kids, even if it means my stbx will hate me, i told him to do what is best for my kids, because i would be angry or bitter and he is like 75 he has been a DA and knows what he is doing.

no signed temp orders?

so no one signed the temp orders, what paper work do we live by till our next date. he brought up that no one signed them and so he doesn't have to give me money on friday like we all agreed on (his lawyer,mine and stbx). i do have a show of pattern that he has been giving me his check every friday and i give him money back so i can pay our bills? what do i do if he doesn't show this friday or next?

penelope10

so no one signed the temp orders, what paper work do we live by till our next date. he brought up that no one signed them and so he doesn't have to give me money on friday like we all agreed on (his lawyer,mine and stbx). i do have a show of pattern that he has been giving me his check every friday and i give him money back so i can pay our bills? what do i do if he doesn't show this friday or next?
It isn't this Friday or next Friday----Not trying to be ugly but we really don't have a crystal ball here (It got cracked LOL). When was the last time that you spoke to your attorney? Can you speak to him without him charging you an arm and a leg?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">