• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Double Charged By a Wendy's restaurant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Tyiece

What is the name of your state?
Florida

I went to Wendy's on April 30, 2008 I purchased a meal for $7.99. The next day my account showed that I was charged my $7.99 plus and an additonal $5.05. I contacted Wendy's, spoke with a manager and they did verify that they double charged me "mistakenly" I was told that they would look into it and have a manager call me. No one has contacted me and no one has refunded my money back. Do I have a case?

CourtClerk

Just dispute the charge and go on with your life. You have a case for a whopping $5.05. You can easily recover by disputing the charge.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
And I'd be willing to bet that a second call to the establishment might be even easier...I'd try that first.

Or perhaps you can go visit the manager again and just ask for another meal for free ... seems like you'll end up ahead a dollar or two.

Antigone*

Or perhaps you can go visit the manager again and just ask for another meal for free ... seems like you'll end up ahead a dollar or two.
Call your bank; tell them your story and they'll credit your account. I would personally go with Texas Pooh's advice - get a free lunch and save myself the hassle of dealing with my bank.

justalayman

Do I have a case?
absolutely. You have a case of OZL syndrome.

Over zealous litigation syndrome. It is where some yahoo thinks they should sue for every injury in the world regardless of how small the injury. In this case, I am sure you can find an attorney to take your case. You must realize you will have to pay an hourly rate since the award, if any, will be so small working on contingency would not be possible.

Get out your wallet. Hopefully you have at least a 6 figure balance in your checking account. Sue 'til your hearts content.

Don;t expect to get your legal fees in the award as this does not appear to be malicious and unless you can show a consistant tendancy for Wendy's to do this, it was simply a mistake so there is no damages available for intentional acts.

Antigone*

absolutely. You have a case of OZL syndrome.

Over zealous litigation syndrome. It is where some yahoo thinks they should sue for every injury in the world regardless of how small the injury. In this case, I am sure you can find an attorney to take your case. You must realize you will have to pay an hourly rate since the award, if any, will be so small working on contingency would not be possible.

Get out your wallet. Hopefully you have at least a 6 figure balance in your checking account. Sue 'til your hearts content.

Don;t expect to get your legal fees in the award as this does not appear to be malicious and unless you can show a consistant tendancy for Wendy's to do this, it was simply a mistake so there is no damages available for intentional acts.
He He He...you know Justalayman, yesterday I was called an idiot and cranky so I though I'd be nice and let the OP know that he he does have a way to get his five bucks back without involving the Supreme Court. :p

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">