• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ticket for following too closely

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

meemo

What is the name of your state? Indiana. I recieved a ticket for following too closely along with a speeding ticket for 81 in a 55. Firstly, I wasn't going that fast. How do I fight these in court?

Hey There

Getting Started

5-6-08
meemo

Indiana drivers cited for a traffic violation can file a trial by affadavit and if ruled guilty can file for a new trial.
Rules can be found on Google by typing in Trial by Affidavit in Indiana
Two sites with information on how how to contest a speeding ticket from asking for a continuance to preparing for trial are
Speeding Ticket FAQ
and Speeding Ticket--Fighting or Plea Bargaining
Indiana DMV.ORG explains the point sytem. Click on DMV point
system to left of main section of page.
A book published by NOLO on beating traffic tickets might be available thru a local library.
Some lawyers will consult once for a modest fee or none.
If a lawyer does this it is normally listed in an add in the phone book.
The court that hears traffic violations should have information on their rules either through a website or phamphlet.

Keep us posted
Best Regards
Hey There

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">