• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mattress rip-off

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lillexi_star

What is the name of your state? Georgia

I put 3 mattresses on layaway on 1/21/08. I paid $600 down cash & still have the receipt. On 2/3/08 I lost my job and then decided to move in with someone else and did not need the mattresses anymore. I went to the store and they refused to give me my money back because on the receipt it stated no refunds on layaways. I then asked if I could just take 2 mattresses which totalled the $600. The total bill was $1032.00. They said I could not do that but they would exchange any products out for me as long as it totalled $1032.00. I could not afford to do that. I offered for them to take a restocking fee out and they refused to do that. The layaway had to be picked up on 4/21/08. I found someone to pay the difference and they would get the queen size mattress and I would sell the other 2. I called them on 4/21/08 and told them if they could extend it I had someone who could pay the balance. They said no and hung up.
They now have $600 and I have no product at all and I even paid a delivery charge. I just don't see how this can be legal. That is just stealing.What is the name of your state?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">