• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

property taxes

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

br43401

I am buying a manufactured home in or near Buda, Texas (which is about 20 miles south of Austin, and located in Hays County). The house and land together will be financed at about $95,000 with a 10.5% interest rate.
Hays County property taxes are about $.46 per $100 (I think).
My roommate and I are co-signing on the house and land package. She grosses about $25,000 per year. I gross about $21,000 per year.

How much will we have to pay in property taxes per year? Isn't there a homestead exemption, or something like that which reduces the amount that we have to pay property taxes on?
I hope I have provided enough information to make sense.
Please help :)

Thanks!

HomeGuru

Contact the Hays County real property tax assessment office. In addition to the tax rate you must also know the percentage of assessed value the rate is based on and also the homestead exemption amount (if fixed or a percentage).

The tax office should be able to give you the figures but they need the subject property address and tax key.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">