• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Liability In Minnesota

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

aja2150

Not sure if this is the right forum for this or not but I'll give it a shot anyway. I have worked at a small lumber yard, privately owned, for about 2 years now in Minnesota. My daily duties include loading job materials, usually with a forklift. About a week ago, I was loading a steel package with 18' D-Rib panels. I lifted the forks up about 3 feet from the ground, and the package tipped to one side bending the steel about 2 feet in from one edge. I should also note that I do not have a forklift license, but I was told I could learn what I needed to on the go. I have gone two years with no similar instance to this one.

My question is this: My boss (not the owner) told me that it was my responsibility to buy the damaged steel since it was my fault that it was bent. There is probably about $1500 worth of steel in this package. Is this indeed the case? Please advise. Thanks!

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">