• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Marriage in different state

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

garrula lingua

PS: Texas has no real alimony (just limited maintenance for three years in some circumstances), so if you are a woman, married thirty years who raised six children and never/seldom worked outside the home, move to California.

There, you can file for a marriage separation immediately (with temp spousal support) - no residency requirement. After six months, change the filing to a divorce & ask for alimony.

After the divorce is final, move to Texas. :)

Bali Hai

PS: Texas has no real alimony (just limited maintenance for three years in some circumstances), so if you are a woman, married thirty years who raised six children and never/seldom worked outside the home, move to California.

Raising six children has nothing to do with an alimony award. Married thirty years and sitting on her lazy ass for those thirty years is a factor albeit a stupid assinine factor!!

There, you can file for a marriage separation immediately (with temp spousal support) - no residency requirement. After six months, change the filing to a divorce & ask for alimony.

If she wants to reside in Texas, she should accept the family laws of Texas and not try to get around these reasonable family laws to steal money that she doesn't deserve!!!

tuffbrk

Why would you even go there, may I ask? The OP did not provide any details of the marriage or decision to divorce and certainly did not ask about alimony?

I'm lost as to why you would have chosen to respond in this manner - was there another post that I missed somewhere?

Bali Hai

Why would you even go there, may I ask? The OP did not provide any details of the marriage or decision to divorce and certainly did not ask about alimony?

I'm lost as to why you would have chosen to respond in this manner - was there another post that I missed somewhere?
If anything, it shows the need for NATIONAL family laws that every state will be forced to abide by.

meyagriffith

divorce in different state

Thank you for your reply. To Bali Hai- I never stated that I was asking for alimony. -I hope you have a better day tommarrow.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">