• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Year and a half and still no divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MarkL

What is the name of your state? California (although married in Missouri)

Okay, first I need some backstory.

My wife and I were married in Dec of 05. In March of 06 I left for basic training for the Air Force. After training was over we began marital difficulties. After a shaky few months of arguing and reconciliation she decided she wanted to end it in Oct of 06.

I talked to the law office on base and he said that I would be using a California based 'Disillusionment of Marriage'. Thus after filling things out I got the papers to her during my break home at the end of Dec.

Long story short, I still don't have the paperwork. I've received it from her but after 8 months. However after 3 trips to the courthouse we kept finding things we needed to redo. Right now she has the paperwork.

Now here comes the two catches. First is I won't be a legal resident of California much longer. My stint here ends in a month or so at which point I'm not sure what to do.

Second is much larger. Around September of last year she got impregnated by another man.

Oh, and a third point as well. She signed a contract with my mom on a new car a couple years back and she keeps missing payments. Currently I'm giving her 600 a month and the car payment is around 300. My mom ends up paying them and then in turn I have to pay my mom. I'm doubling my losses on this one.

I really don't want to push the adultery thing. I too have found someone else but even if that weren't the case I still wouldn't care. And as for the pregnancy thing I just don't want to be responsible for it in any way. I was highly against the divorce in the beginning but at this point I just want this to be over.

I think that's it. Thanks for listening. Maybe I'll get something worthwhile.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">