• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Marital property?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

redz70

What is the name of your state? Missouri

My husband had a settlement from a slip and fall injury and I was wondering if that settlement is marital property. He left 3 weeks before receiving the settlement.What is the name of your state?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state? Missouri

My husband had a settlement from a slip and fall injury and I was wondering if that settlement is marital property. He left 3 weeks before receiving the settlement.What is the name of your state?
Any portion that was intended to cover ongoing medical expenses or support due to ongoing medical problems definitely would NOT be marital property. If there was a portion that was intended to reimburse him for expenses that came out of marital property, or for loss of marital income, it might be marital property.

However, if that is something that you think that you have a right to claim, then you absolutely need an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">