• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

anyone who wants to help answer my questions feel free

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

vcpirate99

What is the name of your state? TN

I have been married for almost 3 years. we have had a rocky marriage from the get go. we have been "seperated" for 3 months now. but, every other week, we get back together physically and sexually. she has filed for divorce with "no fault." but, in reality, anytime there were problems in the relationship, she would run off to her friends house and stay there for days at a time. could this be considered "abandonment?"

2nd, she has kept all property, marital or not in her possession with the exception of a few items. our cell phone account is in her name, but it was gotten after we got married, but she has had my line turned off 2-3 times in the time we have been seperated. is there anything that i can do to have that stopped? she has password protected the cell phone account as to where i cant change the line into my name. have had the same number since i have been in the state and i use it for business at work. what can be done to have her from cutting the line off repeatedley?

3rd, she has a settlement that she will be collecting on from an accident that happened while we were "together" that she claims she will not give me any part of when part of what our lawyer is suing for is "loss of consortium." technically, she hired the lawyer since it was her accident. so how can i claim my share of the settlement?

4th, is it legally wrong of me to take things from her car, even though we arent divorced yet, if i have a door key and an ignition key? the car was never in my name, but i was given a door key, and i "creatively" got a dealership to cut me an ignition key. could i be charged with grand theft auto if i take her car right now? during the marriage she blew the engine up on my car. so i would like to take a little revenge with her on her car.

lastly, if i want to drag out the divorce process to make her upset, how many delays do you think the judge would allow? plus, as "crazy" as it sounds, we have talked about staying together long term, but there have been small issues that have come up along the way stopping that. she said she filed too early and wants to see how things will work out if we took our lives at a slower pace. but, she is like every woman and changes her mind every week. would i be smart in not hiring a lawyer and just trying to go about it myself?

any help would be great, but also taken with a grain of salt

JETX

I have been married for almost 3 years. we have had a rocky marriage from the get go. we have been "seperated" for 3 months now. but, every other week, we get back together physically and sexually. she has filed for divorce with "no fault." but, in reality, anytime there were problems in the relationship, she would run off to her friends house and stay there for days at a time. could this be considered "abandonment?"
No.

2nd, she has kept all property, marital or not in her possession with the exception of a few items. our cell phone account is in her name, but it was gotten after we got married, but she has had my line turned off 2-3 times in the time we have been seperated. is there anything that i can do to have that stopped? she has password protected the cell phone account as to where i cant change the line into my name. have had the same number since i have been in the state and i use it for business at work. what can be done to have her from cutting the line off repeatedley?
Contact the service provider.

3rd, she has a settlement that she will be collecting on from an accident that happened while we were "together" that she claims she will not give me any part of when part of what our lawyer is suing for is "loss of consortium." technically, she hired the lawyer since it was her accident. so how can i claim my share of the settlement?
Your state is NOT a community property estate and unless YOU filed suit, you don't have a share in her settlement.

4th, is it legally wrong of me to take things from her car
Yes.

could i be charged with grand theft auto if i take her car right now?
If she files a complaint and the police accept it, yes.

during the marriage she blew the engine up on my car. so i would like to take a little revenge with her on her car.
Grow up.

lastly, if i want to drag out the divorce process to make her upset, how many delays do you think the judge would allow?
Depends on whether the 'delays' were valid or not. Grow up.

she is like every woman and changes her mind every week.
Sounds like you are the 'woman'..... since you clearly AGREE with her changing. Why not grow a set of balls and tell her it is over and GROW UP??

would i be smart in not hiring a lawyer and just trying to go about it myself?
No. But it sounds like intelligence isn't your strong suit anyway.

mommyof4

I have been married for almost 3 years. we have had a rocky marriage from the get go. we have been "seperated" for 3 months now. but, every other week, we get back together physically and sexually
she is like every woman and changes her mind every week
Perhaps if YOU stayed steady in your thoughts and intentions (you might try using the head on your shoulders instead of the one below your waist) it would help the situation. Or ARE you consistent in your thoughts? If so, I can't tell you what a gem you are. Really, you are every woman's dream. :rolleyes:

Nothing like a sweeping sexist statement to ignore the fact that you can't seem to reattach your set and tell her NO. But then? Why would you do that? You get to have regular sex without the inconvenience of working on repairing the marriage.

cvdesign

JETX, Mommyof4, while you DID give excellent legal advice (and common sense, too, I might add), when you deliver it the way you did, you HAVE to include a "spew warning!"

Both of you owe me a new monitor. Very, very, very well said!!! :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">