• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rocks

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

st14me

What is the name of your state? South carolina

Is it illegal to take rocks that are on a public road for personal use? There are big rocks that are sitting there, there seems to be no rhyme or reason as to why they are there. I believe there is no value for them there. I wanted to know if people are allowed to take them. Mind you I am not sure if I am even in the right topic area. any help would be appreciated. thanks

Indiana Filer

What is the name of your state? South carolina

Is it illegal to take rocks that are on a public road for personal use? There are big rocks that are sitting there, there seems to be no rhyme or reason as to why they are there. I believe there is no value for them there. I wanted to know if people are allowed to take them. Mind you I am not sure if I am even in the right topic area. any help would be appreciated. thanks
My best advice would be to contact the highway department in charge of upkeep of the road. If it is a county road, call the county highway department. If it's a state road, call the state highway department.

Be aware that some rocks are placed on roadsides in order to stop erosion. Don't take those rocks, no matter what.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">