• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Where do I go from here with my divorce.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mccollumd

What is the name of your state? Maryland

I am in the middle of a divorce, In Aug 2007 my wife came to me about doing a legal separation for she no longer wanted to be married. After some discussion I said if so let's do this civil. So I hired an attorney to draft an agreement after asking her what she wanted as far as assets and liablilities and our two sons ages now 15 &16. Little did I know was that her motivation was that she had a boyfriend and wanted to live with him. So in Sept the agreement was drafted and in Dec 2007 she came to me and said she was ready to sign the agreement and so we did. She however asked me to give her until Jan 2008 to move out. Well she did move out in Jan 2008 to living on the streets with her boyfriend who is a drug user and she also became one. On May 01, 2008 she and her boyfriend broke in to my recording studio in my home stole 4 guitars who total value is over $3000. He was arrested and charged with all 4 and she was givin a summons and charged with 1. She has now confessed to being an addicted and committed herself to detox. She is already on probation and may be facing time.

In our agreement we agreed to me having 100% physcial custody and share legal custody. She was served in April 2008 the divorce summons and did not respond at all. My attorney had to remove himself from representing me due to Military obligations. Can she use her drug addiction to void the motion of default that I have submitted to the courts and if the is inprisoned does that hold up our divorce hearing or do I have options to bring closure to the all of this?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">