• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unjust police shooting

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

huera

Last night the Bell, California Police SHOT our family dog as they were answering a call at another residence. They walked through our front yard without notice while our dog was in labor. She was shot in the head and in her back. She died with one pup in her stomach becuase the bullet pierced her lung and she had internal bleeding. She suffered so much for nothing.

Is this legal procedure for a law enforcement agency?????????????

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Bell is known as a high crime and dangerous areas. Full of vicious dogs. THat being said, if they were NOT called to your home, they did an outrageous thing.

I am not sure about laws dealing with unjustifiable shooting of dogs by police, but typically you are only allowed cost of dog, etc. Not like human life.

Soooo....may I suggest you contact your local humane society and start from there? They will know or can report you to an attorney/legal organization to help you with this matter. also try http://www.attorneypages.com

L

lukewall

Well now . Does it Really matter if was Dog or Human in any U.S. State any more. Seems like The Bullets are free ..!!

Sorry to hear about your dog......:(

T

t.brown

can you say police state I can't say enough about how horrifing this sounds for you I hope anfd pray you are able to get relief I read some stuff in the national 1968 omnibus and safe streeets act and it sounds like the money recieved from federal grants is being misspent check that out if you dare its alot of reading and fairly unusuall a angle probably since Im not even a high school grad let alone a lawyer

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">