• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Reversing Adoption

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rdidio

What is the name of your state? I live in Hawaii, but this took place in Massachusetts.

When I was over the age of 18, I was legally adopted by my step-mother (had a very bad relationship with my biological Mom). I'm now 23 and am interested in possibly undoing the adoption. Since I was over 18, my biological Mom didn't have a say in the adoption at the time. How would I go about undoing this adoption? Thanks!

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
What is the name of your state? I live in Hawaii, but this took place in Massachusetts.

When I was over the age of 18, I was legally adopted by my step-mother (had a very bad relationship with my biological Mom). I'm now 23 and am interested in possibly undoing the adoption. Since I was over 18, my biological Mom didn't have a say in the adoption at the time. How would I go about undoing this adoption? Thanks!
Why bother? You're over 18, if you want a relationship with either, both or none of these women, feel free. :p

rdidio

Why bother? You're over 18, if you want a relationship with either, both or none of these women, feel free. :p
:p I realized I left out some important details! Things with my biological Mom are fine and my step-mom has since passed away. Reversing the adoption papers is more symbolic than anything. My mom is still my mom, but I just wanted to see if I could get this done.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
:p I realized I left out some important details! Things with my biological Mom are fine and my step-mom has since passed away. Reversing the adoption papers is more symbolic than anything. My mom is still my mom, but I just wanted to see if I could get this done.
It would probably cost more than you would like to pay. Let sleeping dogs lie, and enjoy life. ;)

rdidio

It would probably cost more than you would like to pay. Let sleeping dogs lie, and enjoy life. ;)

Thanks. I'd still like to at least look into the process and see what I would have to go through. Might be something I can gather info about and then act on sometime down the road.

fairisfair

your bio mom could adopt you now. thereby making you her legal child (adult)

there is no way to reverse an adoption.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">