• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Getting rid of ticket points

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kavinderd

What is the name of your state? CA
Hey,
So I'm on my family's plan, and last year I got a ticket. I paid it, but never went to traffic school, cuz I thought the first violation could be cleared on its own.
So now over a year later I want to know if I can still take traffic school. I was ticketed in orange county, and they say you have to take it 90 days after payment.

I really hope there is something I can do
Any help?
thanks

occharge

Hey,
So I'm on my family's plan, and last year I got a ticket. I paid it, but never went to traffic school, cuz I thought the first violation could be cleared on its own.
Generally, the 1st or the 20th violation will clear on its own 3 years after the violation date but you dont get a free ride for any violatons...

So now over a year later I want to know if I can still take traffic school. I was ticketed in orange county, and they say you have to take it 90 days after payment.

I really hope there is something I can do
Any help?
thanks
I think "they" meant to say that if elect to go to traffic school at the time that you plead guilty, and if you pay the additional court fee for traffic school then you have 60 days (not 90 days) submit proof of completion to the court at which time the citation is dismissed therefore it does not appear on your driving record.

Otherwise, if you just plead guilty and pay the fine, then the violation (and the point associated with it) is reported to the DMV.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">