• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Breach of Marriage Contract?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

spencerc6

Texas.
I was married, now divorced, have a 9 year old daughter. Ex-wife said 'I never loved you', and I guarantee she's serious. Would that be breach of contract? Could I not get custody of my daughter? If someone enter into a marriage that is a contract between 2 people who supposedly 'love' each other, she admits to her end of that contract being a lie, she says she can not get pregnant and produces proof from a doctor, and does get pregnant, would that not seem like a five year long scam to come out with a child that she knew would be financially cared for after she moved on to the next victim? Our daughter was 1 1/2 years old when she began her affair that ended our marriage.

Silverplum

Texas.
I was married, now divorced, have a 9 year old daughter. Ex-wife said 'I never loved you', and I guarantee she's serious. Would that be breach of contract? Could I not get custody of my daughter? If someone enter into a marriage that is a contract between 2 people who supposedly 'love' each other, she admits to her end of that contract being a lie, she says she can not get pregnant and produces proof from a doctor, and does get pregnant, would that not seem like a five year long scam to come out with a child that she knew would be financially cared for after she moved on to the next victim? Our daughter was 1 1/2 years old when she began her affair that ended our marriage.
No, it's not "breach of contract." We just had a thread on that 2 days ago.

You can certainly FILE for custody -- it won't be decided on because of Mom's behavior. It'll be based upon TX standards for best interest of the child, and who is the child's primary caretaker.

penelope10

No, it's not "breach of contract." We just had a thread on that 2 days ago.

You can certainly FILE for custody -- it won't be decided on because of Mom's behavior. It'll be based upon TX standards for best interest of the child, and who is the child's primary caretaker.
Exactly --IMO "I never loved you" is probobaly one of the most common hurtful things that one spouse (or both spouses) says to one another when couples split.In my ever so humble opinion about 90% of folks divorcing could go with the "breach of contract" if this was a mitigating factor. ;)

spencerc6

Whatever

Yeah I didn't think there would be much there. I don't think she said it to be a bitch, she means it. It's not like she's a nice person. Now she has a 'wife' of her own, in the male form. Texas doesn't give a damn about how bad a mother is anyway. I went thru all of that. My daughter knows mom is a bi-polar nutjob. She figured that out on her own. I would have thought CPS would have done something about mom letting the new boyfriend take showers with my daughter at age 3, but they only step in if there's a dead body. Thanks for your input, all of you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">