• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding ticket errors.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vintageboss

What is the name of your state? Washington.

First off, there is no report number. I beleive it was misplaced on the ticket, because the cop put two numbers for the Court Ort #, and nothing for the report number, can this alone get my ticket dismissed?

Next error:
The AM or PM, time is not specified on the ticket it has the time but no AM or PM, are cops required to put AM or PM on trafffic tickets? Can this help me with my case?

Last error I found:
It says:
"Speeding 10 MPH Over Limit (Over 40"

How come there is no close bracket after the 40, this isnt consistent, I am pretty sure you need to put a close bracket after the 40, another thing it does not specify what that 40 is?
Am I suppose to know what the 40 represents automatically, how do i know its not KM per hour? are they suppose to put MPH after the 40 is my question and also are they missing the close bracket.

Thanks.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

First off, there is no report number. I beleive it was misplaced on the ticket, because the cop put two numbers for the Court Ort #, and nothing for the report number, can this alone get my ticket dismissed?
So long as there is a CITATION #, the ticket is good (not an error)

Next error:
The AM or PM, time is not specified on the ticket it has the time but no AM or PM, are cops required to put AM or PM on trafffic tickets? Can this help me with my case?
In 24 hr time (which the police generally use), 900 is 9 am, 2100 is 9 pm. So no go there. (In fact, not even an error)

Last error I found:
It says:

How come there is no close bracket after the 40, this isnt consistent, I am pretty sure you need to put a close bracket after the 40, another thing it does not specify what that 40 is?
Am I suppose to know what the 40 represents automatically, how do i know its not KM per hour? are they suppose to put MPH after the 40 is my question and also are they missing the close bracket.
Oh please. This is the UNITED STATES. We use MPH - not KPH. This is the only "error" you posted from your ticket, and to even THINK it could help you out of the ticket is laughable.

Vintageboss

Also, He wrote for my car Style,
4 Door Hardtop,
When it is actually a 4 door Sedan, I do not know if this makes much difference but if anyone can help please do so.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Also, He wrote for my car Style,
4 Door Hardtop,
When it is actually a 4 door Sedan, I do not know if this makes much difference but if anyone can help please do so.
You can't be serious:

As used by Car and Driver, the term "sedan" refers to a fixed-roof car with at least four doors or any fixed-roof two-door car with at least 33 cubic feet of rear interior volume, according to measurements based on SAE standard J1100.
www.caranddriver.com/glossary/4534/caranddrivercom-glossary-of-terms.html

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Vintageboss

Well, Last time I checked, on my Cars Website,
The only option was 4 Door Sedan, for my Make and Model,
There was no Option of 4 door hardtop it did not exist.

OP85063

Next error:

Last error I found:
It says:

Thanks.
I'll say you take it up to the Judge and point out these are not correct. It's up to the judge, no these play judge here.

I have a friend who was doing 110MPH in 55MPH zone. The office wright he was doing 110 in 55 and the ticket got dismissed.

GL

seniorjudge

Definitions of sedan on the Web:

* a car that is closed and that has front and rear seats and two or four doors
* a closed litter for one passenger
wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

* A sedan car, American English terminology (saloon in British English), is one of the most common body styles of the modern automobile. At its most basic, the sedan is a passenger car with two rows of seats and adequate passenger space in the rear compartment for adult passengers. ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sedan

* Storax Sedan was a shallow underground nuclear test conducted at the Nevada Test Site at by the United States on July 6, 1962 as part of Operation Plowshare program to investigate the use of nuclear weapons for mining, cratering, and other civilian purposes.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sedan (nuclear test)

* As used by Car and Driver, the term "sedan" refers to a fixed-roof car with at least four doors or any fixed-roof two-door car with at least 33 cubic feet of rear interior volume, according to measurements based on SAE standard J1100.

* The US term for the British saloon. A closed car with 2 or 4 doors for 4 or more passengers. Database visitor, Harry Tresoor, mentioned correctly the town of Sedan, in France, where the carrying-chair was invented, circa 1650. The relation with car terminology is not certain ... ...
www.car-nection.com/yann/dbas_txt/Sty_apdx.htm

Vintageboss

Definitions of sedan on the Web:

* a car that is closed and that has front and rear seats and two or four doors
* a closed litter for one passenger
wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

* A sedan car, American English terminology (saloon in British English), is one of the most common body styles of the modern automobile. At its most basic, the sedan is a passenger car with two rows of seats and adequate passenger space in the rear compartment for adult passengers. ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sedan

* Storax Sedan was a shallow underground nuclear test conducted at the Nevada Test Site at by the United States on July 6, 1962 as part of Operation Plowshare program to investigate the use of nuclear weapons for mining, cratering, and other civilian purposes.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sedan (nuclear test)

* As used by Car and Driver, the term "sedan" refers to a fixed-roof car with at least four doors or any fixed-roof two-door car with at least 33 cubic feet of rear interior volume, according to measurements based on SAE standard J1100.

* The US term for the British saloon. A closed car with 2 or 4 doors for 4 or more passengers. Database visitor, Harry Tresoor, mentioned correctly the town of Sedan, in France, where the carrying-chair was invented, circa 1650. The relation with car terminology is not certain ... ...
www.car-nection.com/yann/dbas_txt/Sty_apdx.htm

Hardtop:
A hardtop is a term for a rigid, rather than canvas, automobile roof. It has been used in several contexts: detachable hardtops, retractable hardtop roofs, and the so-called pillarless hardtop body style.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hardtop

He didnt write, 4 Door Hardtop Sedan.
He just wrote 4 door Hardtop.

Vintageboss

There's legitimate disagreement about sedan vs. hardtop, but it's not because of number of doors. There are two-door sedans just as there are four-door sedans. A coupe, by definition, has just two doors, though Saturn's perfected that with it's 'three-door coupe.' A coupe also generally tries to be a 'hardtop' in appearance if not in reality. A hardtop, strictly speaking, has no center post between the front and back windows,so that if you put the windows down you have a big opening on the side uninterrupted by that roof piller (called the B pillar; windshield pillar is the A pillar, rear pillar is C, on to D for the back one on an SUV). It's the Beetle's thick B pillar that makes it seem more sedan than coupe to me. Also, VW refers to it as a sedan.

And while we're on purity of terms... Roadster means a car with a removable top, indeed, meant to be used without the top most of the time. The original Viper soft-top was a roadster; the Miata wasn't and isn't.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">