• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

shoplifting database

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

thissucks

What is the name of your state? CA

Hi, I made the stupidest mistake in my life thus far and was caught shoplifting last month at urban outfitters. value of merchandise was $28. I have not yet received my civil demand but am planning on calling the lawyers office and paying it off asap. No police were involved. I signed a paper stating I would receive a civil demand letter and my photo was taken and I was banned from the store for 3 years. I cooperated and they said they would call the police.

While I was being detained by the store employees, they said that this would be on my record and when I apply for any job, it will show up that I have shoplifted.

My questions:
- I am applying for a retail position. Is what the employee said true? Do all retail stores share one large shoplifting database? Is there any way to find out if my name is on there?

Indiana Filer

While I was being detained by the store employees, they said that this would be on my record and when I apply for any job, it will show up that I have shoplifted.

My questions:
- I am applying for a retail position. Is what the employee said true? Do all retail stores share one large shoplifting database? Is there any way to find out if my name is on there?
I think the employee was just trying to make you really scared, as you should be. The store where you have applied probably won't find out about your theft.

Now don't ever do this again!

FlyingRon

Actually, you're probably burned in the same chain (which may be more encompassing if one company owns multiple store brands, like shoplifting from K-Mart will burn you at Sears, Lands End, etc...).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">