• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Communication from Executor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jaldrich03

What is the name of your state? Florida.

My father passed away recently. He lived in Kentucky. He had a handwritten will and had dispersed copies to all the beneficiaries. His death was unexpected, as next of kin, I was the first notified. His "best friend" of 12 years was named executor. The day my dad died, within 3 hours of me notifying everyone, the executor had an appt w/ a probate lawyer. This was the beginning of what I felt was shady. The majority of anything my dad had would be left to his girlfriend, which nobody has a problem with. The executor nickel and dimed the funeral to death, refused to pay for an obit, the list goes on. Right after the funeral we had to come home to Florida. With a promise that he would keep us informed of the probate process. Well he hasn't. I've gone online to see where things stand. We've called him and he won't give us answers. The main thing to us are family mementos that mean nothing to anybody but us. Wedding pics, vacation pics. My dad did specify certain material items and cash be left to me also. We asked for updates because we will have to make arrangements to collect everything.

So after all that, aside from the accounting at the end of the process, is he required to keep us in the loop w/ anything? He did not know I had a will, neither has he ever given us a copy. I'm just tired of being left in the dark and getting the run around.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">