• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

stolen scooter

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sassy lynn

What is the name of your state? Ohio
My scooter was stolen last summer. It finally showed up just recently. We got a call and were told that the scooter is at the impound lot but no other information was offered. After a little bit of research online I discovered that there was an arrest made in the case and the perp was charged with receiving stolen property. Apparently, he got pulled over running a stop sign. But the public records say the recieving stolen property charges were dropped! I have no idea why and the cops have not contacted us AT ALL regarding the case which I also don't understand (shouldn't they at least notify the victim???). Anyway, the scooter is of course damaged (in excess of $500) and I've considered trying a small claims complaint. But, I don't know if we will be able to "prove" that the perp was the one that caused the damage and whether "receiving stolen property" is sufficient grounds to recover payment. I can't believe it's that easy to steal a scooter, joy ride it around for 9 months, get caught by the cops, and get away without being held accountable! Is this worth pursuing? I feel helpless! Any help would be appreciated.What is the name of your state?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">