• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Renter gone mad

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

RayaWay

What is the name of your state? California. I lost a small claims court proceeding over a $350 rental deposit. (I was subletting an upstairs in my rental home.) She perjured herself on move out dates and did not leave a forwarding address. She is now systematically destroying our lives. Shut down our bank accounts...destroying our credit. Has told the PD that we are a threat to her life. Apparantely only she has rights....She is lying about everything. What rights so I HAVE???

RayaWay

What is the name of your state? California. I lost a small claims court proceeding over a $350 rental deposit. (I was subletting an upstairs in my rental home.) She perjured herself on move out dates and did not leave a forwarding address. She is now systematically destroying our lives. Shut down our bank accounts...destroying our credit. Has told the PD that we are a threat to her life. Apparantely only she has rights....She is lying about everything. What rights so I HAVE???[

RayaWay

Pay what you owe.
first off I never owed...she owed me. Second how could i at any time pay her without a forwarding address. she shut off my mail service when she moved out. she lied about contacting me when she wanted the deposit back. She lied in court about her move out date and damages. Then she closed my bank accounts. HOW CAN I OR SHOULD HAVE PAID HER?? It was and is a GAME to her! I still do not have a accesss to my bank!!

Hot Topic

If she won, why would she go to such lengths to destroy you?

You could have sent the check via registered mail, return receipt requested, to her at your address.
Had it come back, you could have hung onto it (unopened) as evidence that you made a good faith attempt to pay. Not really a good excuse.

I don't think it's that easy to walk into a bank and shut down all of another person's accounts.

You should have had documentation in court to refute some, if not all, of her claims.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">