• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stopping Ex parte motion

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

darkmanlost

What is the name of your state? Oh
Lawyer is trying to get judgement against me without a trail first tried to get default judgement by sending court papers to wrong address had first hearing or report.. At that time a trail date was set lawyer was not present had telephonic agreement with court at that time I was prepare to present my defense court clerk just said this was just to set up trail she called attorney and we set trail date. I told the clerk at that time how this attorney has gotten over 20 default judgements in the last 2 years and I want a chance to present my defense she told me nothing would happen before pretrail. The lawyer said nothing over the phone I could hear them talking. When I got home I received a letter from attorney that was dated 3 days before hearing it was a exparte motion In the motion that refer to me as a her and it stated that I had no defense a judgement should granted to the plantiff . What can I do at this point. Can not afford a attorney but there is more to this case

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">