• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What do u think?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

just16me

What is the name of your state? New Jersey
I was arrested along with another gentleman. The police "supposedly" saw me hand him something. Upon searching him they found a small piece of "alleged crack cocaine". 5min later they arrested me based on this theory that they thought I handed it to him. Once I was searched I had in my possession 2 scratch-off lottery tickets and a 12oz can of pepsi. The gentleman also regularly and repeatedly said that I handed him nothing(which I really didnt). To make a long story short-the gentleman was given a summons and released. I was charged with possession and intent to distribute ALTHOUGH I had NO DRUGS on me. My bail was set at $10,000 and I spent 16days in county jail until the case was thrown back down to the municipal courts only to later be thrown out by the municipal judge. Isnt there something in this thats is illegal or somehow a violation of my civil rights?

Last edited:

garrula lingua

Not really.

Seeing the 'handoff' = probable cause.

Most dealers will only have on their person the amount to be handed off.

Did you have any cash on you ?

It's a tough case to prosecute - there's too much reasonable doubt ... but there was p.c. to arrest.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">