• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cell Phone Contract Issues

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Venus

Hello everyone :) my name is Venus and I'm from N.C. I will be sueing my ex for monies owed for a cell phone contract that ended they are responsible for the last bill. I contacted them back in Sept and she threaten that if I don't stop calling she wouldn't pay the cell phone bill and I would be lible for it. That was the first and last time I called her she also treaten me about her new friend is packing and I better watch my back. I'm not worried about that either but the dummy put that in a text message also. I have saved all these messages in case I would need them in the future. I call the carrier and got the last 4 digits of the card she last used for previous bill. The carrier will be sending me a copy of the bill and I'm going to give her one last chance to pay. I'm going to send it certified mail return receipt so I will have proof that I tried to do this civilly. I carried her on my contract for 4 years with no probelm the bill was going to her address. Do I have enough to win my case against her. If I have to take her to court will I be able to get the money back that I will have to put out for court cost and filing fee along everything connected to pusuing this case. Thanx ;)What is the name of your state?

Shay-Pari'e

I can't make heads or tails out of your post.

1. The contract is under your name.
2. You did not cancel her phone,

and #3****************************......Why is your bill being sent to her address?

Sounds like you are out of luck.

Venus

I hope this clears your confusion

1.First let me say this it was in my name for 4 years.
2. The phone was turned off at the end of contract which left 1 month service to be paid.
3. She moved and authorized a new contract without me knowing(another two year contract)
4. I'm disabled and was unable to turn it off while contract was in effect.
5. notified her in sept of 07 that I would be turning it off in feb 08.
6. I was threaten with a text message saying she will not pay any bills and make me liable if I call or text her again.I still have a copy of text.
7. Notified carrier they say they will send me a copy of bill which i will send to her for a last chance to pay.
8. I will be sending it certified return receipt
9. The carrier also gave me the last for digits of the atm card that was used to pay previous bills.

I hope this is clear enough for you since you couldn't make heads or tales out of the other post.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">