• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ignored Tickets

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

The Occultist

You shouldn't ignore tickets, no matter what state you're in.

If you have an actual question with more specifics, please feel free to release that information.

Lyn-0061

In 07 my son Received 2 speeding tickets and 1 ticket for not having his insurance card in his vehicle. He spoke with the District Attorney regarding the first speeding ticket. When fine was placed he didn't have the money to pay it and asked the District Attorney how he could handle it. (My son had been the victim of a theft, his work van was stollen along with all his hardwood flooring equipment, this caused him to loose work and the expense was enormous to try to replace some of the equipment) The DA told him sorry you have to find a way to pay it. A stupid decision on my son's part was to ignore the ticket, after that he received two more tickets one for no insurance card and the other for speeding. Last Friday he was arrested for 3 outstanding warrents for these tickets. We posted bail at 1780.00. He now has 3 court dates. Is my son going to need legal representation? Can he go to jail. He is 22 years old, and has been out of work due to a motorcycle accident. He has no $$.

Lyn-0061

Ignored ticket

I know you shouldn't ignore tickets, but he did. Now he will go to court. What will happen? Does he need to hire a lawyer or can he go before the judge on his own?

Lyn-0061

ignored ticket

Shoud my son go before the DA and ask his advice. He had insurance at the time and can produce a card or get proof from his insurance company showing he did have insurance. As far as speeding I am sure he was guilty, I just need to know if because he was arrested if he will need to hire a lawyer to represent him. I am unfamiliar with how this works. He is a quiet and shy person, very clean cut and respectful, but could easily be intimidated. This kid has had so many bad things happen to him lately, I hate to see him get more than he deserves. DO WE NEED A LAWYER?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">