• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

marital or non marital property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mimche017

What is the name of your state? South Dakota

My father wants to buy a house for me... but he doesn't want it to be marital property...the problem is that he is not a US resident and it will be a long and complicated process for him to buy the house and the transfer it on my name as a gift... if he transfer the funds as a gift with a proof in writing and i buy the house is it going to be marital property?? or is there is another way??:)

ThanksWhat is the name of your state?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state? South Dakota

My father wants to buy a house for me... but he doesn't want it to be marital property...the problem is that he is not a US resident and it will be a long and complicated process for him to buy the house and the transfer it on my name as a gift... if he transfer the funds as a gift with a proof in writing and i buy the house is it going to be marital property?? or is there is another way??:)

ThanksWhat is the name of your state?
Your father can gift you the money to purchase a home that would remain your separate property. However, no marital funds can be used to maintain the home or pay the property taxes etc.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">