• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

stolen car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stormlover

What is the name of your state? Alabama

My aunt sold me a car back in February and i was suppose to make monthly payments to her. The title and tag was changed over to my name. I ended up having to borrow a large amount of money from my grandmother because i lost my job and i did not have enough money in my bank account to cover some checks. The only way she would give me the money is if i gave her the key to my car and wrote her a letter saying she could keep the car until i paid her back which at the time i was very upset about everything and was not in my right state of mind or i would have never agreed to it. I ended up being pressured into doing it so that it did not become a legal matter because she kept saying you either do this or you'll going to prison and i did not want to go to jail. My aunt is now wanting the car back because i have been unable to make the payments and she is very upset about my grandmother having the car. The problem is my grandmother will not tell anyone where she has hidden the car and is threatening to call the police if we try to take it. Can she hold the car or does my aunt and me have the right to report it stolen so the police can find it and my aunt can get it. I guess what i'm trying to find out is can she use the letter as a legal document to keep the car from my aunt.

BL

Your aunt signed the title over to you . It's not your aunts car .
Your aunt can sue you , and your GM has the car as collateral until you pay that substantial amount back to her .

Get another JOB , and pay your debts .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">