• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Annulment, please!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NeedsHelp19

What is the name of your state? Texas
:confused:
Do I qualify for an annulment due to the fact that she lied about her legal status? She provided a fake social security card and number at the time, she said she was a legal resident,but I found out she was not legal after a couple of months, she was also pregnant at the time with our first child so I decided to stay with her, here we are 5 years later with two kids, I moved out 6 months ago and filed for divorce, the divorce papers are ready for her to sign, but now she refuses and states she wants her own attorney and I will pay for it too. Please advise.

LdiJ

No, you don't qualify for an annulment.
Not even remotely. You stayed with her for 5 years after you found out that she wasn't a legal resident AND had another child with her.

In fact, you might be looked down upon in court for not taking the steps to legalize her status.

Any chance you had at using her status for an annulment has long expired.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">